Following the events of November 11, 1919 and the trial in 1920, lawyer Elmer Smith was unable to secure office space and was working out of his home. In 1923 a friend purchased an empty lot on North Tower Avenue, just blocks from the Roderick Hotel where this new office was built. He rented half of the building to the IWW. It was torn down in the late 1980's, but brick remnants are still visible in the wall of the adjacent building at 719 N. Tower.
Centralia College, Kirk Library
From the private collection of Eleanor Walden, Berkeley, California.
Eleanor Walden, personal collection donated to Centralia College, Kirk Library, 2010.
Box 9, Folder 9.3
Date of digitized
200 dpi, Epson GT-S50 (Windows), grayscale, Photoshop Elements 7.0